Hi there! I’m Joy…
so glad to meet you!
MY MISSION IS TO HELP PARENTS OF PRESCHOOLERS PREPARE THEIR KIDDOS FOR THE LEAP TO KINDERGARTEN
I know that it can be a real challenge to even know where to start when it comes to getting your child ready for the big (sometimes scary) world of KINDERGARTEN. But it doesn’t have to be so difficult when you have the right person by your side.
PUT AN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
ON YOUR TEAM
As a pediatric occupational therapist, I talk with parents every week who are concerned that their kids will not be ready for kindergarten or whose kids are struggling in school in other ways.
Throughout my years of serving in every type of school environment possible, I’ve been able to gather the best tips and tricks for getting a preschooler ready for what’s to come. And, I’ve noticed that the students that really flourish are the ones whose parents are truly invested in the process and take the time to build a strong foundation.
But I know that’s easier said than done. I mean, where do you even start, right? That’s where I come in…You will not be alone in this journey.
I’M A MOM LIKE YOU
My biggest joy in life has been being mom to 2 amazing boys, now young men. And when I look back over their childhood, I think to myself “Wow, you were an amazing mom! You deserve some sort of parade or something to honor all of your outstanding achievements!” HA! Of course I don’t think that (most moms don’t) Instead, I beat myself up about all of the ways that I failed and didn’t do the things that I really wanted to do with them. Time just gets away from you, and life is hectic. More often my thoughts about their childhood are “Well, I hope the therapy bills aren’t too high.” (Truth) With time does come a little bit of wisdom, though, and I have figured out a way to at least help busy moms navigate the challenges of raising little ones and getting them ready for those big challenges that are to come (like kindergarten!)
LET’S BE FRIENDS
And if we’re going to work together, wouldn’t it be nice to be friends too? So, here are a few things you should know about me…
- I am a Broadway fanatic that has never seen a show on Broadway
- My almost grown children are both very creative and artistic in their own ways (ask me about it, and I will talk your ear off all day!)
- I get my creative genes from my dad, and my gift of gab from my mom (thanks, folks!!!)
- Even if I do work out every day, I promise that you will never have to watch!
- My husband is the sexiest man on the planet…nough said!
- Some of my favorite people are my pets (Zelda, Link, and Pudding)
- It is my dream to buy a fixer upper and restore it to beauty (some day)
- I have never successfully applied eye liner (I guess there’s always tomorrow)